Monday, August 1, 2011

What a Tremendous Week!!!

Boy! Did we have a blast this past week!
Krista, (my little sister from S.C.) was here with her almost 1 year old daughter. Hallie and Micah have not had much opportunity around babies, so they had a little harder time understanding why Annette can't walk like them. But, oohh! did they LOVE her and I think the love was mutual. They had a wonderful time getting to know her and they played well together.
In between our visits with Krista and Annette, we had a few projects going on at our house. We have a room (I have loathed calling it the junk room though it obviously looked like one) that has been "empty" ever since we moved. It has a bathroom in it, so Bryan and I decided it was time to do some remodeling. Bryan put a subfloor in the bathroom, so the bathtub could come back home. Long story short, we live in an older mobile home that has needed a lot of fixin' up to say the least. Both bathrooms have needed to be repaired and remodeled. Since, money doesn't grow on trees, we have had to do some rearranging of bathroom furniture. We ended up having to put this particular bathtub in our bathroom for awhile. We knew we'd have to put it back in someday. So...we did. But that is the only thing back in that bathroom and we are bathtubless in the other one. It doesn't help that the bathrooms are at different ends of the trailer. It's like this: you go to our bathroom to use the toilet and the sink and then you head to the other one to take your bath/shower. And if you just happen to forget to use the toilet and your on your way into the shower, well... you either hold it (which Hallie can't do), or you wrap yourself up and announce your coming back through.
Anyway, back to our tremendous week. I cleaned out the entire room and stuffed it all in the Living Room. We were able to put down 2/3 of the wood floor and then we realized...we need another box of wood!:( And since money doesn't grow on trees, and people don't put brand new boxes of wood out by the dumpster for whoever to pick up, we have to wait until payday. So, I just covered my head and groaned while my dear, dear hubby thought it was crazy for me to want everything done in a week.
So...we are waiting on that project.
Next...I made mango jam. I didn't finish...that's the way we do projects around here. But! I got half of it done and it was SO delicious. I said WAS intentionally. We have half of a jar left out of 4 and Bryan keeps asking me when I am going to get the rest done. I will, I will...just not all in one week, right??!!!
The most embarrassing project we did was bomb our house. Yes, we did, but it happened like the big bang theory, it all came back down together and everything was still the same, including the dirty dishes, when we got back.
Why did we bomb our house? "THEY" are terrorists...and we are after all the fleas we can find. I said ARE because I just found a flea today and I am back on the war path. I don't know why they have picked our house to infest, but just because they decided to move in doesn't mean I have to like it. So, we'll be bombing again and hopefully we will kill them. Bryan has also been putting stuff on our yard and he said he'll start doing it again.
Well, none of our projects got finished last week...but our visit with Krista and Annette ended on Friday and we miss seeing them! We can't wait until we will see them again in 4 months. But in the meantime, I need to finish remodeling...surely it won't take us THAT long, huh? (I guess it depends on how many paydays there are between now and then, or who knows... we might find us a green tree.)

1 comment: